Monday, July 19, 2004

News 8 Austin | Health Beat | Strange looking shoe offers pain relief (Video)

News 8 Austin 24 Hour Local News Health Beat Strange looking shoe offers pain relief: "If you're one of the 59 million people suffering from foot pain, finding the right kind of shoe can be nearly impossible.

Just ask Yvonne Graham, a former world-class runner and silver medalist Olympian.

She no longer runs competitively. Now she owns a nutrition store and spends hours on her feet.

'It's a lot of strain on your body. Anyone who works retail knows what I'm talking about,' she said.

She traded in her running shoes for a new kind of pain relief footwear called Z-coils.

'Believe me, when I first saw the shoes I said 'Oh my goodness, I'm not going to wear those ugly shoes.' But the minute you put them on they become very pretty to you.'"


By: Emily Schmitz
News 8 Austin
2/18/2004


No comments: