- 3 out of 4 Americans experience serious foot problems in their lifetime.
- The foot contains 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments and 19 muscles.
- 1/4 of all the bones in the human body are down in your feet. When thesebones are out of alignment, so is the rest of the body.
- Only a small percentage of the population is born with foot problems.
- It's neglect and a lack of awareness of proper care - including ill fitting shoes - that bring on problems.
- Women have about four times as many foot problems as men. High heels are partly to blame.
- Walking is the best exercise for your feet. It also contributes to your general health by improving circulation, contributing to weight control, and promoting all-around well being.
- Your feet mirror your general health. Conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, nerve and circulatory disorders can show their initial symptoms in the feet - so foot ailments can be your first sign of more serious medical problems.
Click Title for More
Foot.com is dedicated to educating the public about foot health, creating forums for consumers to communicate with foot health professionals, and most importantly, eliminating unnecessary foot pain.