Sunday, May 15, 2005

Celebrate National Women's Health Week by Treating Your Body to Pain-Relief

Celebrate National Women's Health Week by Treating Your Body to Pain-Relief: "Z-CoiL Pain Relief Footwear Improving Quality of Life for Thousands of Women
Z-CoiL® Pain Relief Footwear™ Improving Quality of Life for Thousands of Women

( Albuquerque, NM ) – May 8-14 marks National Women’s Health Week. American women struggle with stress, obesity, diabetes, breast cancer, and many conditions causing chronic pain. May 9th marks National Check-Up day where women are encouraged to assess their health conditions and make steps toward a healthier lifestyle.

The Center for Disease Control’s Office of Women’s Health recommends women make 10 changes to increase health and wellbeing: eat healthier, maintain a healthy weight, get more exercise, quit smoking, get routine exams and appropriate adult vaccines, find ways to manage stress better, know your family health history and risks, take more steps to improve personal safety, and lastly find ways to “be good to yourself.”

Obesity is an epidemic that is a factor leading to other diseases and painful conditions. According to the 1999-2000 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, more than two-thirds of Americans are overweight and over 30 percent of those are considered obese. Being extremely overweight can increase the risk of diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and hypertension, plus put additional strain on your back, hips, knees, ankles and feet, making exercise much more difficult.

Women nationwide are discovering a new line of footwear, Z-CoiL® Pain Relief Footwear™, which is helping to reduce pain and increase mobility. A great side effect for some is weight loss.

“I am 32 and I have been a hairstylist for 15 years now. I am also flat footed and very overweight. About a year and a half ago I started to have horrible pain in my heels and in the arch part of my feet. It got so bad I would cry and I would literally limp out to the car after work. Eventually it got to where I couldn't even walk around the grocery store it hurt too bad,” says Christi Burch of McKinney, TX. “The less I was mobile the more weight I would gain and the more pressure it put on my feet. It was a vicious cycle.”

Christi’s physician recommended she try Z-CoiL® footwear, and that recommendation has made all the difference for her.

“After wearing them for a couple of weeks I finally got up the nerve to go the gym and give them a whirl. It has now been about eight months since I first tried out my shoes and I am walking on the treadmill for an hour at a time on an incline no less! I am about 40 pounds lighter so far and I feel soooo much better,” Christi adds. “I am convinced that these shoes saved my life, I was on a fast down hill slide with my health and now, even though I have a lot of weight to lose, I'm in the best shape I have been in my adult life.”

Amy Mueller, a registered nurse from Traverse City, MI, says the footwear has also been a lifesaver for her and increased her exercise ability.

“After 30 years of hospital nursing in intensive care and maternity, my back and knees were feeling the painful effects of all the years of standing, twisting, pushing, bending and lifting,” Amy says. “I had four knee surgeries and two back surgeries and my hopes for relief were fading. Then I learned that I had severe degenerative osteoarthritis in my back and knees.”

“Walking is one of my favorite activities. I was reaching the point where my knees hurt so much I was afraid I would have to give up walking up my favorite hill,” she adds. “It’s hard to describe how beautiful it is, walking to the top of this hill and seeing all of Traverse City and both arms of the Grand Traverse Bay. The day I bought my Z-CoiL® shoes I walked up that hill twice.”

A small company on a mission, Z-CoiL Footwear is gaining a tremendous and loyal following nationwide as word of its pain relief benefits is spreading, with more than 200 authorized dealers nationwide. If you are interested in the Z-CoiL® footwear, based in Albuquerque, NM, call 800.268.6239 or visit the corporate website at www.zcoil.com.

No comments: