Spice-Rubbed Roast Pork Loin With Seared Plums- Healthy Holiday Recipe
I tried this recipe and recommend not using the caraway and celery seed (or use VERY little).
It is quite an overpowering flavor for me. Try substituting rosemary or whatever spice you really like. The mustard is listed as an ingredient and is good with a lot of things; Or how about using cinnamon and apples?
• 4 tablespoons celery seed
• 2 tablespoons very coarsely ground caraway seeds
• Two 8-ounce pork tenderloins, trimmed of fat
• 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 large sprigs of sage
• Kitchen string
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• Seared Plums
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine the celery seed and caraway seeds on a shallow plate and set aside. Brush the tenderloins with mustard all over. Season with salt and pepper and roll into the spice mix. Lay a sage sprig on each loin and truss every inch.
3. In an ovenproof skillet over high heat, add the olive oil. Sear the loins on one side for about 1 minute. Turn the pork and place in the oven. Roast for about 7 to 9 minutes; turn and roast for 7 to 9 minutes more. The tenderloin will be medium when the internal temperature, taken with a meat thermometer, is 145 degrees for medium, 150 degrees for medium well.
4. Remove the meat to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange 3 slices on each plate and serve with the Seared Plums.
Recipe for Seared Plums:
4 plums, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
6 sprigs of thyme
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2.In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and set aside for 10 minutes.
3.Heat a nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat, add the plum mixture, and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute, until the surface of the plums are seared and caramel-colored.
4.Transfer the plums to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the plum skins are just beginning to break and the color is vibrant.